1. Boil water in a small pot. Fill a second container with cold water. Remove boiled water from neat and place pot next to container of cold water. Let boiled water stand for 30 seconds.
2. Hold the mouthguard with tongs or a spoon and submerge the mouthguard in HOT water for exactly 35 seconds.
3. After 35 seconds, using tongs or a spoon, remove the mouthguard from the HOT water and dip into COLD water for 1 second. Immediately place guard in mouth while looking in mirror.
4. With the upper teeth centered in the channel, push guard up and back with your thumbs until rear molars are covered. Then bite gently into guard and suck out the air and water in the guard while pressing tongue against the back of the upper teeth until a tight fit is obtained around teeth.
5. Leave guard in mouth for 30 seconds, then remove and place under running cold water.